Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Mondegreen Fun: In The GoldenTwilight Zone Earring

 Time for another round of "Mondegreen Fun" AKA "Misheard Lyrics". This one is from a song that was released in 1982 by the band Golden Earring, they are most notably known for their song "Radar Love". The song I had misheard the lyrics from is "Twilight Zone" from their album "Cut". 



The real lyrics are: 
"Soon, you will come to know
When the bullet hits the bone."

However, for many many years I heard the last line as "When the bullet hits the phone." Occasionally I would think that it was "Foam".

2 comments:

Fuji said...

I'm the king of messing up lyrics. I feel like my students correct me at least once or twice a school year :D

Jon said...

To me, that's one of those ones that I can't even comprehend someone mishearing. But, I can think of a few egregious errors on my part over the years, so I'm hardly one to be throwing stones.