Thursday, August 30, 2018

To Blog Or Not To Blog: Not Quite Throwin in the Towel Just Yet

"To Blog or Not to Blog, that is the question, Whether 'tis nobler to suffer the migraines of creativity or just say 'Screw this crap'..."


Yep I'm doing it again. Doing that dangerous 'thinking' thing.

This is me from the last time I did some serious thinking.

Anyway where whuz I? Oh yeah thinkin' and drinkin' er thunken and dunken er frickin and frackin. These last few months I have been doing very little blogging almost as if it didn't mean anything to me anymore. Sometimes it is a struggle just to make my pretty lax one post a month quota for each of my three blogs. Sometimes this blog can be the most difficult because it is more personal. There are many things in life I don't want to broadcast to the world, and I also don't want to junk my blog up with gimmicks, then again there are times when I really don't know what the hell I want to post about. At least with my trading card blogs they have a specific subject to concentrate on, trading cards and the one specifically Washington Baseball. This blog free ranges over the entire blogiverse and it's unlimited subjects. Except for rude and crude content that isn't allowed on family friendly Internet sites. I don't want to make my blog ugly and be forced to change my settings to not allowing any comments on any post because it attracts all the sickos, scammers and hackers.

So the thought of "thowin' in the old towel" o blogging did pass my wacky brain. Only due to the commitment it requires. I think I like blogging too much to ever really stop doing it. I considered putting it on hold for a while, but the damn OCD part of my psyche? of me that loves my personal self-regulated posting quota would not allow me to do that. I like seeing at least one post for each month in my post archives.

It was like when I collected comics I would prefer to collect the entire run of a series. The blocks of missing issues stuck out like a sore thumb and bothered me. If the missing issue was the finale of some huge storyline well that would take the cake. Of course if you got into a comic that had been around for years then a full run is very unlikely as back issues tend to get difficult to find after a few years. The Internet has made it easier, but can get very expensive depending on the title and hot issues. I have many comics that part of me wants to sell for top dollar, the nostalgic part of me wants to keep it for such-and-such a reason. The sensible part of me says go ahead and get rid of them any way ya can, it saves space and is one less mess for your family to sort through after you have left this mortal coil. The PFC in me (Procrastinator First Class) of course has won out and for many things I have stalled or just haven't done anything with. Big le Sigh.

The point of this post? To get my personal "at least one post a month" quota accomplished. To rant and rave like a lunatic and to stick it to da Man. Or maybe just blab and jabber jaw and yadda yadda and of course Yadda.

No comments: