Monday, May 24, 2021

Album Review: 11 Walking With Desire And Heart

 Album Review: 11
Walking With Desire and Heart

This review was originally posted on rateyourmusic. on their community forums. This version of the review has had some editing and corrections.

Heart Desire Walks On
1993 Capitol Records CDP 599627
***.5


"The night just walked in
In walks the night
In walks my fantasy
Darkness all around me
And I'm dying for the light"

This Heart album is just an average Heart album in my book. I don't remember any mega hits coming from it, maybe track 6 In Walks the Night was released as the first single? or was it track 9 Will You Be There (In the Morning)? The chorus harmonies from that song sound sort of like an Abba song. Track 4 The Woman in Me it took me a few listens to understand the chorus at times it sounds like Ann is saying "The woman and man" or "woman in man" either of which don't make sense. Track 5 Rage sounds like they are trying to get into some, kind of soft-metal sound. When listening to this album several times in a row, the song Ring Them Bells gets a little dull. I would not recommend this album as a starter Heart album, for that I would suggest one of their earlier albums and their self-titled album before getting into this album.

*Nancy recently released her first solo album You and Me on 07 May 2021.

No comments: