Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Fusion Man or Ace Mccloud?

Wow! Did you hear about the Swiss guy who is the first man to fly across the English Channel using a homemade single engine jet-powered wing? His name is Yves Rossy AKA: Fusion Man.



A cool site that gives more info can be found at http://www.jet-man.com/prod/index_en.html. More sites can be found by google searching Fusion Man some of them have videos of some of his flights. When I first heard about the historical flight I thought Cool then I saw a brief video clip and a photo and it reminded me of a Cartoon Show from the 1980s called The Centurions.



The seires launched a line of toys from Kenner and a comic book series by DC. I'm not sure which came first the toys or the cartoon. The Centurions was set in the soon to happen future. It was about a government type force that had a trio of super service men, one who was in charge of land operations, one sea operations and one air operations. Each had a super power battle suit that was very hi-tech. Ace McCloud was the Air man. I don't recall watching the series but I did sell the toys as I was working retail from the mid 1980s (around the time this franchise started) to the early '90s. I was pretty familiar with them and many other lines of toys/cartoon series that [Ninja Turtles] were very [He-Man] popular at the time.



While trying to find some info and pics of Fusion Man I cam across this website http://www.geekologie.com/2008/04/post_11.php which had a similar type contraption, called the Gryphon Glider. The GG looks cooler and looks like it's military connected. Maybe it's not but with it being stelth, it sure looks sweet.



I gotta get me one of those.

No comments: