Thursday, September 30, 2021

Ranting and Blogging Or Just Ranting?

 


The original title for this post was: "Stop Blogging Time...  Can't Post This" OK OK so that post title could be a little misleading. I am NOT going to stop blogging and I don't plan on this post having material or ideas that can not be posted online. At this moment I am unsure of what this post will truly be about. I had a passing thought of the M.C. Hammer "Can't Touch This" song but changing the words to "Stop! Blogging Time" then thought of the "Can't Post This". Long story even longer, I once again thought about what can I post about this month. I also wondered why do I blog anymore? Mostly because in some ways I still like doing it. My blogging has never attracted a huge gathering mostly because I have never been one of those posting monster bloggers that crank out a minimum of 1 post per day. Some bloggers post close to half a dozen posts per day almost every day. Yikes. I  have always tried to have quality over quantity. I don't do enough blogging to have my blog monetized, and I don't have a consistent subject I blog about that I could spam advertise on my blog. I also don't always go with the crowd or the flow. For this regular personal blog sometimes it is very difficult to come up with a subject to blog about. I don't like to post too much personal info, yet sometimes I do seek a little bit of attention. 

Blogging just for yourself is a bit odd. When you think about it if that is why you are "blogging" you should just keep a diary on you computer without posting it online. That or do the traditional diary writing with pen or pencil on plain paper or in a diary type book.

Then there are times when I seriously think about giving up blogging completely all of my blogs. It would save me the hassle of having to come up with something to post every 30 days.

Well I guess this post will go nowhere. There isn't anything spectacular happening that I want to yack about.

Oh and to the 2 or 3 people who do read this blog as well as my two trading card blogs a big THANK YOU.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Great topic. I've thought about walking away from the keyboard a few times. Sometimes it's because I run out of material. Other times it has to do with lack of time or the pressure to produce reading material. The original reason I started blogging was to use it as a journal, but these days it's more for the interaction among other collectors.

Jon said...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am not a fan of blogs that have been monetized. To me, they just look commercial and/or cheap. I'm not gonna say which blog it was, but a few weeks back I was reading some posts on my phone. I got to one of the monetized blogs and at first thought that I had clicked on the wrong thing, because right at the top of the page, above the blog's header, was a giant ad for women's underwear. It looked incredibly tacky, and completely took me out of the posts topic.