Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Rockin' The Vote

Today (12 September 2006) was Primary Election day for the DC area. You know vote for DC Mayor, MD Governor etc... I woke up this morning and got myself a beer, dragged a comb across my hair... Wait I'm mixing up my songs now. UGH. OK so this morning when I woke up this morning I wasn't even thinking about the silly elections, then they mentioned the times the polls would be open on the radio. I thought "Oh yeah, I gotta go vote after work this evening". Work was work and I never once thought about the voting, with the exception of seeing a news report about some polling areas that hadn't received their supplies and had to turn people away. I then promptly forgot about the whole thing... until I was on my way home as I continued to see those stupid campaign signs in peoples lawns, so on the way home I went to vote. I had to Break-through a pack of those last minute campaign workers just outside the polling station. One was handing out flyers for her candidate another had a fancier flyer/pamphlet. Then I checked in and voted. Some of the volunteers there had a sense of humor especially the guy who guided you to the voting terminal.

No comments: