Sunday, June 10, 2007

Umm OK

For some weird but good reason, my computer (the laptop I thought had died) is now working. Surprise, I was searching on porblems people had had with their computers not getting power, and found one way to tell if the problem is with the power source the battery or a dead mother board (which is really expensive, I can't afford, and am glad that was not the case), and that way is to try powering up the machine without the battery, just on the AC power. I thought I had tried that at one point, but I guess I didn't. Well I took the battery out and tried turning on the power and viola the machine started to start up. It still takes about 5 minutes for the silly thing to boot up but at least it is working. Then to see if the battery was truely dead I tried putting the thing back in (with the machine still powered on) and instead of the machine dying which I thought would happen, it stayed on and started recharging the battery which said it was at something like 55% charge, well now after about an hour and a half it is up to 91 or so?

OK so now I need to figure out how to backup the stuff I don't have backedup, get a spare battery for backup (could be expensive), get some sort of backup hard drive or some kind of separate storage thing that can hold tons of information. Also eventually I will need to do something about my anchient mini-tower desktop that I barely use anymore, but is hooked up to my skanner. Oh and I need to do something about the other laptop I have that is semi-dead.

I need to really find some sort of devise to act as a palm pilot/ electronic date book/ info device. Oh and a new digital camera, my current one has issues.

Ah now I feel much better. If only I can keep my car from getting messed up, ugh I need to get yet another tire, but that is another story for some other time and some other place.

No comments: