Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Blogging In Spurts And Drips


For me blogging has always come in spurts and drips mostly drips. Sometimes I have so much inspiration to get stuff recorded on pen and paper, er typed out into the Either nets. I make several posts and line them up in the scheduling queue. Other times it just slowly drips and I have to scramble at the end of the month to come up with some sort of post for my self appointed and regulated monthly posting quota minimum. Which is 20 posts short of my yearly quota.

At the end of April this year I had one of those posting spurts, at least on over at my regular trading card blog. That blog will have 2 posts for April and so far at least 3 posts for May. Here on this regular blog I once again only posted my minimum one post for the month drip. That post I started drafting in the early part of the month and was ready to post about 4 or 5 days before its posting date on 30 April 2018 which is today as I start to draft this post.

I have noticed that it is easier for me to post about my trading card hobby (or maybe it is an obsession) than it is to post general stuff here on this my regular blog. Part of it is I am more interested in writing about my hobby than I am random mundane things of life.

Of my three blogs my regular trading card blog "CaptKirk42's Trading Card blog" is the easiest to make posts for then my Washington Baseball "Curly W Cards" blog then this one the most difficult.

Doing regular features on a specific subject does help build the quota. I have had a few regular features on this blog: Fryday Fourtoon, Myka Monday, Year in Review (State of the Blog recaps), Warehouse 13 Wednesday, Book Review (was "Recent Read") I have also frequently mentioned times my name has been misspelled but it isn't a regular feature just a reoccurring subject.

Well now that I have that written down time to post this puppy. That is schedule this post for publishing Tomorrow to get in early for the May Posting.

No comments: