Friday, September 30, 2022

Subject Unknown and some Reflections?


 So yeah I don't know what this post is going to be yet. It is that time of month again. I don't have any Ebay updates, I don't have any reviews ready yet. I haven't been reading much. In fact I haven't been doing much of anything exciting. Just going through the same old boring routine. Oh sure I read some interesting things on my Facebook feed which is about the extent of my social media. I also checked out pictures and posts on Instagram but that is just mindless internet surfing. I guess the most exciting stuff this month has been some of the odd YoutTube videos and the ancient alien conspiracy videos rabbit hole.

My lack of excitement lately had me briefly thinking about blogging in general and if it is time to hang it up or not. I go through this from time to time. The perfectionist in me refuses to allow me to NOT Blog my minimal 1 post per month. I can't stand seeing those gaps in my posting archives calendar. It has been I don't know how many months or years since I had one of those no posting gaps. I don't intend to start that, and don't want it to become my go-to habit.

Then that leads me to think about some of the things I think or do that I never mention here, either because they are way to private or are family related and I don't want to have too much of my dirty laundry spread over the Cyberverse that isn't already there. Of course there already is a ton of it out there. As soon as you log onto the internet for the very first time personal data gets sent to thousands of data storage lockers.

A good thing is several of my go-to television shows have started their new fall seasons and the reboot continuation of "Quantum Leap" started. I am hooked just as I was with the original. Season 2 of CSI: Las Vegas might take a nosedive as Grissim & Sarah maybe leaving again. OH well whatever.

3 comments:

Jon said...

I don't worry too much about discussing private things in blog posts, especially since I'm not anyone of note, so it's not like someone could use what I say against me for anything. Besides, I also tend to think that it makes for better posts, and at the very least makes the blogger seem more like a real person, and not just some random person at a keyboard. But that's just me.

Are you interested in the ancient alien stuff, or was that rabbit hole just a one-time trip?

Fuji said...

Is there a new run of CSI: Las Vegas? I liked that show, but don't think I ever watched the entire run.

CaptKirk42 said...

@Fuji,
Yes there is a "new" CSI: Vegas. It just started Season 2 last Thursday CBS 10 PM It is mostly a new lab team. Season one had Grissim & Sara come back to help with the season long story arc of David Hodges being framed with evidence tampering for years worth of cases. Even though I watched it I forget how they finished it off. I thought they left it with a cliffhanger. Now with season 2 Grissim & Sara are gone, no explanation yet, and Catherine Willows has returned. Even though this new version has the advantage of 5+ years of new technology it isn't as fun as the original.