Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sometimes

Sometimes, when the world is going all kind of nutzy and the real news sounds like the "News of The Weird and Stupid", I wish that I knew how to pilot the Space Shuttle so I could jump in it and take off of this third rock from the sun, and just go out there! Perhaps to the second star on the right straight on until morning. Actually I have always been fasinated with the constellation of ORION, particularly the middle star of the "belt". I fantasize or more exactly pretend or imagine that there is a "fourth" star of the belt, directly behind the middle star, that is in such a precise orbit and orientation that it is hidden behind the middle star from our position here on Earth. If we were able to move over enough to another position, or fly out far enough away from the Earth's relative position to those stars we would see the "hidden" star. Crazy I know, but it's something I think would be really neat, and I would love to be able to travel to that distant star and see what it is all about.

No comments: