Saturday, July 04, 2020

Pop-Tarts Limited Edition Taste Test: Froot Loops

OK so once again I was tempted by the evil Pop-Tarts demon. This time it was a new limited edition flavor for kids "Froot Loops". Based on the Kellogg's breakfast cereal of the same name. I think I had seen this flavor on the shelves before but didn't feel the urge to try it until just recently. I bought a box of 8 pastries at my Safeway.


I didn't know what to think of the things. I wasn't expecting anything super great, and I was right. They taste pretty much like you would expect them to. My first bite of the first one I tasted was awful. Sure it had a bit of the "fruit" flavor of the cereal and the filling and frosting do sort of have the Froot Loop flavor, but mixed with the new awful dry floury taste of the pastry's base dough it was hideous. I guess I started to get used to them after the first two, which I didn't think I would even be able to get through the first one let alone two that first morning. The following days they weren't as bad but they still weren't enjoyable.


To attract the kids to beg their parents to buy these things there are six different patterns/designs drawn on the frosting. I only come across 4 of the 6 designs. Well maybe 5. Not sure about that first design in the upper left showing the group of six or seven however many of the cereal "loops", but I definitely did not get the one that says "I'm with Sam". I got three of the spoon and 2 or 3 of Sam himself only 1 bow tie and 1 of the "glasses".


I'm sure to kids these things taste great, and for the kids that are Froot Loop freaks they can't go wrong. However for me and probably most adults they are to be avoided. Blah.

1 comment:

Fuji said...

C'mon Kellogg's... you need better collation that that. Pop Tart and Fruit Loops fans expect at least a complete set of designs with each box break. Happy 4th of July!