Saturday, February 09, 2013

Word Verification Fun 001

image via majorityoftwo.blogspot.com
Many of you that follow blogs will know that some of them allow for readers comments to be made, but before the comments are published the bloggers/owners need to prove the comments are coming from legitimate readers instead of some spambot. They (the big mighty internet Powers That Be) have a "word verification" thing where you type in the exact characters you see. Some years back I made a couple of posts of some occasional words I was asked to enter to verify I was not a robot. I had also mentioned that a blogger (Spankee) at another blog (My Cardboard Mistress) occasionally would post the weird words he was requested to enter in. Google at one time had a specific name for this verification process but I forget what it was.  Ah I found it via Google Search (Convenient ain't it?) recaptcha, oh wait that was the early version of it when the words were in a grid, now the words are just in strange fonts and bunched together. Maybe they still call it that. I don't know and don't really care THAT much.

Now-a-days Google/Yahoo/Blogger has you type the fictional word AND some numbers from a picture of numbers which sometimes is next to impossible to make out the numbers. Anyway one of my more recent words/numbers were:

41222 glopolu 

(or was that a "V" at the end? Hmmm I think it was a "U" not 100% sure now)

image via http://www.loupiote.com/photos/2247000389.shtml

The word "glopolu" is the base mixture of ingredients that make up the Hawaiian "delicacy" poi.
image via http://www.hawaiimagazine.com
It is the glop that is the main paste.
image via http://www.hawaiimagazine.com
When I was a kid of about 7 I went to Hawaii with my Mom, one of my Brothers and my Mom's Godmother. We went on some kind of family two week package. I didn't like poi then, haven't had it since but I don't think I'd like it. I hear it is an acquired taste..

I like this Poi better:
"poi girl" image via http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/11/prweb180373.htm

Past Word Verification or Weird Words Posts:
Another Google Verification Word
Google Yahoo Word: Dodgent
Another Wacky Yahoo Word: Repturl
A Quick Humorous Thought: Flumo Wrestling
I'll Title This Later... Maybe

No comments: