Thursday, July 11, 2013

DVD Udate: January 2013

JANUARY 2013
Just wanted to get this out of my post queue. I think I'll just leave it as is. Trying to keep up with this junk is just too much of an effort. I might on occasion mention some special interest DVDs I get not every bloody single one. Besides I have about a dozen or so I have gotten since this list and kept putting this update off. Ditto with my books updates. UGH.

It has been a very long time since I've done one of these, mostly because I was preoccupied with 19-19-1985,  actually I was preoccupied with other things like the Washington Nationals super 2012 Season and Playoffs Berth. I'm not sure when my last update was or which discs I had gotten that month. Anyway I'm going to try to improve on that this year (to reach my minimum yearly self appointed posting quota).

The first disc I got came from Columbia House and since I used my remaining Bonus Points I only had to pay for the shipping which was $2.99. I got it mostly for the star Milla Jovovich but also because I like the series. Resident Evil: Retribution. I really need to catch up with these films and have myself a marathon of them.


I went on a Batman Bonanza since I had gotten The Dark Knight Rises in December 2012. So I got the other two Batmovies in the most recent trilogy of films from Columbia House. They are calling these the Dark Knight Trilogy. Since I had gotten the last film of the series with Catwoman I figured I should get the other batmovies (I also need to get the earlier movies most of which I have on VHS but never got round to getting the DVDs)

The first BatMovie is Batman Begins. I don't know why I decided to get this "gift set" version of the movie actually I think it was because I wanted the special edition and I think this was the only non-Blu-Ray version they had. I must have been nuts. I got it for $39.95 that is close to my top price for movies on DVD.


Next was the BatMovie that many think of as the best of the bunch due to Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker - The Dark Knight. I got it for FREE since I had bought the other BatMovie (Buy One Get One Free deal).


Next I started to catch up on something I should have done ages ago. The Stargate SG-1 series. I currently have Seasons One through Five in the original bulky versions (that I liked at the time) but they changed them to digipacks a few years back around the time Season Ten was released. I was expecting to get the digipack versions or maybe even the original versions that they were showing on the website, but Columbia House sent the newest versions which look nothing like the originals (even the digipack versions were different) so my collection will be mismatched for all eternity. I guess I'll have to hunt and pay a fortune for the ones I need off of Ebay. So I picked up the next two seasons I needed Season Six and Season Seven I got them for $29.95 each. I will show the version that I ended up getting and am a bit disappointed with.



Next I got another TV Series DVD this one came from Ebay for $19.44 with FREE Shipping. The animated series Dilbert: The Complete Series based on the comic strip by Scott Adams.




DVDs Mentioned this post:
Resident Evil: Retribution
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Stargate SG-1: Season 6
Stargate SG-1: Season 7
Adventures of Brisco County Jr.: The Complete Series
Dilbert: The Complete Series
.45
Ted
Total Recall (2012)
Looper
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: The Complete Epic Series

No comments: